Train basic airport security personnel to enforce, monitor and apply airport security preventive measures in accordance with International Standards and recommended practices and locally approved programmes.
The target population will be new entrants and existing personnel at the basic level employed by the authority or organization primarily responsible for the application of aviation security preventive measures at airports and from such other aviation related agencies engaged in support activities.
The course has been designed to enable selected security personnel to:
- work in and move about an airport safely;
- communicate and cooperate with other airport agencies;
- control the movement of people and vehicles;
- guard and patrol airport vulnerable areas, facilities and aircraft;
- recognize weapons and explosive/incendiary devices;
- inspect/screen/search passengers and baggage;
- respond to airport emergency situations;
Trainees should satisfy the following criteria:
- have satisfactorily completed secondary school or equivalent education; and
- have written and oral command of the language of instruction.